Cipher mismatch

Hi Ryan

1 - I activated Cloudflare 3 days ago
2 - Yes
3 - Ticket # 1601636. About an hour ago, though I had a template response saying it may take days to respond, and I’m definitely having the same issue as everyone else here from what I can tell.
4 - Free plan
5 - ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
6 - Via a partner - Dreamhost

I added multiple domains at the same time, all set up the same way on my server. Some have active Cloudflare certificates and are working fine, others (listed on my support ticket) don’t have the certificates and are having this issue.

I can’t see any other reason than the certificates being stuck somewhere in the issuing process, much like everyone else on this thread. Typically, it is a lot of my most important sites that are down…please help!

Hi @PGrinder, try turning off universal SSL on the SSL/TLS app, wait a few minutes and then turn it back on.

I’m giving it a go and crossing all of my available fingers, thanks for the tip! :slight_smile:

I’ll respond with the results either way.

This doesn’t seem to have made a difference. I left it about 30 minutes between disabling and enabling the Universal SSL, then ensured I reloaded the page, but there is still no certificate showing in any state?

I expected to see something appear under in Edge Certificates list, as my working domains have the certificate displayed there.

Unless I need to wait 24 hours to see this appear?

Apologies for the lack of understanding / if I’m being foolishg, this is my first go combining Cloudflare & SSL, and DNS type routing definitely isn’t my strongest skill, more a thing I’m constantly trying to get my head around.

Just to follow up, turning the Universal SSL has totally worked!

Thank you, massively appreciate you taking the time to respond.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.