Charged monthly business plan for a deleted name

I recently added a domain and setup a business account on a monthly billing basis being charged to my company credit card. The domain was removed from Cloudflare just a couple of days later but I was a bit surprised to be charged the $250 free about 3 weeks later for a new month of the business account for the deleted domain.

Looking in my account it still shows the subscription as active but when I click the ‘edit’ button absolutely nothing happens, it’s as if I haven’t clicked. The edit button on my other domain (which has a business plan) works fine.

I’ve opened a ticket over a week ago but haven’t had any response. Ticket number is 3273804. I’m hoping someone here can help me get a response from Cloudflare.

Hello @cloonan. Would you be able to flag this one for me? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi! I have the same problem. My ticket number is 3293611. Thanks.

I have cancelled your subscription and the credit has been added toy uor account.

Hi @paul.eagles

I have cancelled your subscription and replied to the ticket.

I will close this post.

Dear Louise!

Thank you very much!

Best regards.

Igor

Hi,

Piggy backing on this topic as we’ve experienced the same issue but we’ve now been charged for 4 months (with the 4th being today) where we believe the zone only existed for max 1-2 days in the first month.

Would it be possible to look at ticket 3263415 for the same issue?

Thanks