Changing Servers (IP address)

Hello,
I have tried (unsuccessfully) to point to a new server (through Cloudflare) where my WP site is now hosted but no luck. I kept getting error messages fro the old server…
Any ideas?

Hi @vzvs66,

If you want to continue using Cloudflare and have just changed host/server, you should just need to edit the DNS records so they match those required by your new host. Is this what you have done?

Yes, I changed the IP address from the old to the new and got my homepage up (without the SSL certificate) but when I hit a link to another page or the admin page it returned an error fro the old host saying that that page cannot be found…

Actually the admin page returned an error message that the database was not connected.

Can you try pausing Cloudflare to see if the problem remains? If the DNS records have all been changed, it should be down to the old server.

You can pause Cloudflare from the Overview tab of the Cloudflare Dashboard, bottom right under Advanced Actions.

If the issue persists after Cloudflare has been paused, it means that there is an issue with your origin, Cloudflare is only operating as your DNS provider while it is paused.

I paused it and everything continued working normally from the old server.

Can you share the domain name and an example link where it is not behaving as expected?

The domain is aristidesdistilling.eu
It’s impossible to replicate it as you describe because the same domain has been used with different IP addresses (on cloudflare pointing to the new server IP) so it’s either working or it’s not and at this moment I trying to migrate everything one more time.

I have been on the site and tried every page on the menu and can’t run into the issue. The issue doesn’t sound like anything Cloudflare related, though.

I think you’re right…