Changing nameservers .de domain

Hey, I am trying to register my .de domain, so I need to change the nameservers to the Cloudflare ones.

But since the ICANN is not responsible for .de domains, I tried to change the nameservers at DENIC, who are responsible for .de domains.

They told me, that the provider is responsible for that.
How can I change the nameservers at Cloudflare?

I thought of just using a .com domain and do it like the tutorial states.
Would that be an better alternative?

You change nameservers at your domain’s registrar - if you’re using Cloudflare Registrar then that’s done automatically so it sounds like you’re not.

Something like https://who.is will tell you who your registrar/point of contact is.

Thanks!

There is a problem: whois cant find my domain…

While I own it at Cloudflare:

Am I doing something wrong?

No, you’re not doing anything wrong.
You’re good as long as this might show up either due to the one of the two possible cases:

1. Your domain name doesn’t have any nameservers configured at your domain registrar yet - as it was recently registered
  2. Might be due to the ccTLD as the domain is .de for a country level

The given nameservers karsyn.ns.cloudflare.com and ned.ns.cloudflare.com has to be set at your domain registrar to make it work.

Where did you registered your domain name? Namecheap, 101domains, gandi, godaddy, eurodns …
I’d suggest you to contact denic for further help how to add domain nameservers using their domain administration interface (as I believe they have it).

Furthermore, if you recently changed your domain nameservers, regular DNS propagation time usually takes up to 24-48 hours to complete.

Thanks!

How much time does it usually take until its “available”?
It has been almost 24h ^^

I registered the domain directly at Cloudflare with the free plan :slight_smile:

Hm, might be we are not on the same level of using the terms here :thinking:

Nevertheless, just for information, ccTLDs like .hr, .de and other’s aren’t all being supported to register at Cloudflare Registrar. Or, something changed and I might be wrong?

For testing purposes:

.de is no yet available to register at Cloudflare Registrar as far as it is not on the list at the below link:

So, from that on, what I understand you have done is added your domain name to your Cloudflare account.

And as far as I checked, when I search for raspberrypi1.de on multiple different domain registrars, is says it’s a free domain available to register :thinking:

Not sure how’d you made it to add to your CF account, if so :thinking:

Thanks! Thats the problem

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.