Changing Name Servers with Cloudflare as Registrar

I have a question I hope someone can help me out with.

I have a bunch of domains that I’ve transferred over to Cloudflare as my Registrar. This will save at least 50%/year on each domain name.
And I’ve recently bought new web hosting and would like to begin migrating some of my websites over to the new host (is currently hosted by Hostnine).

However, the big problem is: You can’t go in and manually change the name servers for domains on Cloudflare. Once you set the name servers on your hosting to what Cloudflare needs them to be, you seem to be stuck with those once you make Cloudflare your Registrar.

My Question is: Does anyone know of a workaround to change the name servers for a domain name with Cloudflare as the Registrar? (so that the hosting can be changed)

Thank you very much for any help with this.

I do not know of a workaround. Why does Hostnine need you to use their name servers?

Hi & thanks for your reply.

It’s not that Hostnine needs me to use their name servers… It’s that I WAS using them as my host and now want to move my site(s) to the new host. In order to do so, the new host needs me to change the name servers to theirs so that they may host the files. But I can’t find a way to change the name servers (to point to the new host) when Cloudflare is the registrar.

Maybe there’s a way to change/edit the CName records for the domain instead? I don’t know.

Hi @tony8,

Your new host should be able to provide a list of DNS records that you need to add to your current DNS (Cloudflare) if you want to stay using Cloudflare, instead of changing the nameservers to use their DNS.

1 Like