Changing name servers but using cloudflare encryption

I’m trying to simply change my name servers but I want to use cloudflare for the encryption. I bought the domains from a website.ws. Can anyone simplify this for me since I am lost with all the choices of things to do. I thought I could do this myself but it’s not so simple

1. Log in to your Cloudflare account.
  2. Click on “Add Site”.
  3. Enter your website’s domain name and click “Add Site”.
  4. Choose your plan level, then click “Confirm Plan”.
  5. Cloudflare will scan and import your domain’s DNS records. Once done, click “Continue”.

After setting up, you’ll need to change your nameservers to the ones provided by Cloudflare:

1. Log in to your website.ws account.
  2. Navigate to your domain settings.
  3. Find the option to modify your nameservers.
  4. Replace current nameservers with the ones provided by Cloudflare.
  5. Save these settings.

Go back to Cloudflare and click on the button “Done, check nameservers”. Cloudflare will then check and verify the nameservers’ change. This process can take up to 24 hours.

That’s not how it works I am afraid. Your site needs to work fine on HTTPS before you use Cloudflare. Cloudflare does not and cannot offer any additional encryption in this context.

1 Like

I probably don’t know how to say it but I just need cloudflare for the free ssl certificates but I’m needing to put 2 name servers in

Is your site currently loading fine on HTTPS? If not, forget about Cloudflare for now and first fix the server.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.