Changes to Cloudflare Infrastructure IPs Listed on cloudflare.com/ips - text file not updated yet

FYI the IPv4 text file list at https://www.cloudflare.com/ips-v4 has not been updated yet. I am still seeing 104.16.0.0/12.

6 Likes

I would expect the change to happen fairly soon. There is still a month before the actual change happens.

3 Likes

I just asked the team for an eta on that update. Thank you.

Edit - I checked with the team, this should be updated this afternoon.

3 Likes

https://www.cloudflare.com/ips-v4 has old entities!!! Update it please!!!

Hi @daeamon,

I’ve merged your post to a similar thread where this is being discussed.

1 Like

I just checked and the CloudFlare Terraform provider is still returning the old IP lists in the cloudflare_ip_ranges datasource as well.

@M4rt1n the email I received from CloudFlare states the following:

please make the following changes to your allow list by May 7, 2021 . This change is safe to make today.

Remove:
104.16.0.0/12

Add:
104.16.0.0/13
104.24.0.0/14

This change delists the 104.28.0.0/14 prefix, which is no longer in use by Cloudflare infrastructure

Note the part that says “This change is safe to make today.” and later the part stating the IP range is “no longer in use by Cloudflare”.

Yeah. Which means that the removal is effective from now, but the addition is effective a month from now to give time to people to update.

This means there’s a range (or two) within the /12 that’s no longer used for regular traffic. But it sounds like on May 7th, the “missing” range(s) will be used elsewhere, like for WARP/etc.

So you can update your block lists and not lose any traffic, but if you don’t update the block list, you may get unwanted traffic after May 7th.

2 Likes

Yes I understood that completely. I was replying to someone who thought removing those IPs today would cause some sort of problems.

1 Like

True, my mistake. I have to revert that.
Let me quickly delete the post so others are not getting confused.

1 Like

Hello everyone, I need your help, I am a newbie and I have received this email, someone can help me saying “step by step” what should I do to solve it, thank you very much everyone

Cloudflare is making infrastructure changes to simplify customer configuration, and reduce the number of IPv4 addresses that could potentially interact with your origin on Cloudflare’s behalf.

If your security model relies on allowing a list of trusted Cloudflare IPs from cloudflare.com/ips (or via API) on your origin, please make the following changes to your allow list by May 7, 2021 . This change is safe to make today.

Remove:
104.16.0.0/12

Add:
104.16.0.0/13
104.24.0.0/14

1 Like

If you don’t know what this means it’s 99.9% likely you don’t need to care about this specific change.

3 Likes

Hello,

A while ago I got an email from Cloudflare about the change to the IP ranges. I’ve noticed that the change was done here: IP Ranges | Cloudflare but not here: https://www.cloudflare.com/ips-v4

My server automatically takes the IPs from the second list. Can you please update it?

Thanks!

Hi @Ozy,

As above:

There is a month before this is required, as well, so it will definitely be done before then!

4 Likes

Thank you very much for your answer, but I am still a bit worried because it was not me who made the initial configurations of this website that I now have and as I am a newbie I get lost a bit.
I don’t want to lose traffic, by not configuring the
Is there a way to check if I should do something about it?
Thanks again, sorry for the insistence, greetings

You won’t lose traffic. At worst, you may get some unwanted direct traffic. As @matteo already stated, it’s almost certain this change does not affect you.

1 Like

Hello.

I have received from Cloudflare the following email:

"Cloudflare is making infrastructure changes to simplify customer configuration, and reduce the number of IPv4 addresses that could potentially interact with your origin on Cloudflare’s behalf.

If your security model relies on allowing a list of trusted Cloudflare IPs from cloudflare.com/ips (or via API) on your origin, please make the following changes to your allow list by May 7, 2021 . This change is safe to make today.

Remove:
104.16.0.0/12

Add:
104.16.0.0/13
104.24.0.0/14

This change delists the 104.28.0.0/14 prefix, which is no longer in use by Cloudflare infrastructure. These addresses will be repurposed for use with our Gateway and WARP (secure web gateway and VPN) products, and may carry traffic from untrusted sources in the future."

Can you please tell me how I can do that on my account?

Thank you.

Hello All,

I recently received an email regarding few changes that is done by cloudfare. I worrying about what does the below screenshot means. Do I need to change anything if I need to change anything, from where I can do that? Screenshot 2021-04-09 065556

Thanks in advance

How do I find out if I need to do this…?

A mail from Cloudflare : “If your security model relies on allowing a list of trusted Cloudflare IPs from cloudflare.com/ips (or via API) on your origin, please make the following changes to your allow list by May 7, 2021 . This change is safe to make today.”

Kindly
Linda