Changes in DNS are not being reflected after 24 hours

In the midst of developing my new website I had to change the IP address to a new VPS several times over a 24 hour period. At some point these changes stopped being reflected in my browser and now no matter what I change the DNS IP to, nothing shows up (521 page not found error, or no response from site).

I’ve even set the domain to forward to a url using the Cloudflare page rules and that’s not working either (same errors as above).

Vivaldi and Firefox keep showing a broken copy of the website that hasn’t been live in over a day now. Edge and my phone browser just show ‘no response from site’.

The domain in question is https://squattheplanet.com.

I’m thinking this has to be a Cloudflare issue since not even the page url redirect is working. Anyways, any help/suggestions would be wonderful, thank you.

That domain doesn’t appear to be proxied (orange-cloud) through Cloudflare. It’s resolving to a DigitalOcean IP address.

It would seem as though you have its DNS record(s) gray-clouded. As such, page rules won’t do anything.

If the 147.xxx.xxx.140 IP is correct, I’d contact DigitalOcean as to why the connection is being refused.

1 Like

ah, I see, that makes sense, I turned on the proxy and the rule is working as you stated. Thank you for that. I’ll contact DO and see what’s up with the server not responding.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.