Change name serves of domain registered with Cloudflare registrar to Dreamhost name servers?

Hi

I have just moved a domain name registration from Namecheap to Cloundflare. Cloudflare is now my registrar for this domain but how do I change nameservers for the domain if I don’t want it to point to the nameservers of Cloudflare? I want to use (as I can with other registrars) ns1.dreamhost.com, ns2.dreahost.com, ns3.dreahost.com where my website is hosted rather than using Cloudflare nameservers.

Thanks

Unfortunately, Cloudflare registrar only uses Cloudflare name servers.

However, there shouldn’t be anything at DreamHost’s name servers that you can’t replicate here.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to change nameservers to help troubleshoot an issue I was having with SSL/HTTPS on the home page. I thought there was some issue with the setup of SSL certs now the domain was going via Cloudflare but it was actually caused by a redirect loop issue which I have now solved thankfully. Mixed content was causing it (a video with an HTTP address instead of HTTPS), but all fixed!

Took me a day to figure out and typically 5 minutes after posting here for help I found the solution.

Thank you again for taking the time to reply though

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.