Change domain hosting

Hello I need your help.
I need to change the domain of the photoskydrone.com website
is hosted on Cloudflare account with user {redacted}

I want to switch to the Cloudflare account created with photoskydrone.com user

Summing up :
Basically what I want is to switch between accounts.

I am the administrator and owner of the photoskydrone website
I intend to continue on Cloudflare. if you need elements, thank you for asking.
If you can change the accommodation, I would appreciate it.
If you want me to do it, send me how to do it.
Thank you very much for your support.
Best regards
Ricardo {redacted}
PhotoSkyDrone
Team

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

Useful article:

If you have access to the:

1. Domain registrar (for changing domain nameservers)
  2. Current Cloudflare account to which your domain name is being added

You would have to:

1. Check if the DNSSEC is enabled or disabled for your domain name → make sure it’s disabled at Cloudflare dashboard and there are no existing DS records at your domain registrar (you can also ask and contact them prior this)
  2. Export the DNS from the DNS tab of your current CF account using “Advanced” button → “Export DNS”
  3. Take a screenshot of the:
    • SSL/TLS tab page
    • SSL/TLS tab → Edge Certificates page
    • Firewall tab → Firewall Rules page
    • Page Rules tab page
  4. Add photoskydrone.com domain name to your new Cloudflare account.
  5. Check if all the scanned/added DNS records are the same as on your old CF account
  6. In case if not, remove them and then use “Advanced” to “Import DNS records” so they would be the same, from the exported .txt file of the old CF account
  7. Change domain nameservers and pointe them to the new set of Cloudflare nameservers provided at your new CF account.
  8. Wait for the DNS propagation time to finish.
  9. In the meantime, you can re-check, compare and configure the same settings on your new CF account from your old CF account
  10. After your website is working fine, double-check
  11. On your old CF account the domain name will be removed automatically after few days (please don’t remove it manually in the process)

Otherwise, you can add your new email/user as a “member” of your current CF account with “Administraor” privileges, verify it and therefore access and manage your domain that way (having a backup access just in case). More about this feature can be read at the link below:

Otherwise if you don’t have access to the current CF account or in case DNS records aren’t automatically detected in the process of adding your domain name to your CF account, you would have to figure it out and find out who is your “new” hosting provider and point your A domain.com and A www to the IP address of your web hosting provider, re-create the DNS records following the instructions as written on the article below:

If you are having a website hosted somewhere, your hosting provider should give you the needed information. If yes, then kindly I’d suggest you to contact your hosting provider for the needed DNS records information and re-check in case if you already have got some DNS records in the interface of your web hosting provider.

Otherwise, for assistance from Cloudflare you would have to write a ticket to Cloudflare support due to your account and/or domain issue and share the ticket number here with us so we could escalate this:

• Login to Cloudflare and then contact Cloudflare Support by clicking on the Get More Help button. If you get automatic reply, reply and indicate to it you need more help and reference to this topic
  • Or send an an e-mail to support[at]cloudflare[dot]com from your e-mail associated with your Cloudflare account

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.