Change **DNS resolution** from namecheap to cloudflare

I have changed my DNS domain name resolution from namecheap to cloudflare. But when I access the domain name, my webpage explicitly states “the webpage is not functioning properly”, and when I perform an ICANN query, it shows the domain name status being “clientTransferProhibited”. How can I address the problem?

Domain?

Yeah.
It’s been like an hour, after I changed the DNS resolution from namecheap to cloudflare. But the domain doesn’t work yet. with ICANN status “clientTransferProhibited”.

It this normal?

yeah.com is not using Cloudflare.

1 Like

Sorry, I got you wrong. the domain name is haofei.vip.

1 Like

Can you please head over to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/ssl-tls and check your current SSL/TLS encryption mode?

If it is currently set to Flexible, then switch to Full (Strict).

1 Like

Make sure your encryption mode is Full Strict.

1 Like

If I understand correct, “changing the DNS resolution from A to B” is a different thing from “domain transfer from A to B”. If so, why ICANN shows the status “clientTransferProhibited”?

The domain status is all right and DNS is not the issue here. You have an insecure legacy encryption mode on Cloudflare and currently no encryption. Change that to Full Strict and your site will be secure and will work.

1 Like

Oh! that works!
You’re my saver!

Pleasure.

Cool bro, you’re my savior!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.