Challenge vs Managed Challenge

Good day,

I have been using Cloudflare for a few days now, and I have noticed some automatic security steps taken, like blocking or challenging requests.
So far so good, but now I see a new label in the Firewall app: “Managed Challenge”.

I can not find anything in this forum or on google on the difference between Challenge and Managed Challenge.

What is the difference?

Hello,

Thanks for the answer but I had already searched there.
There is no mention of an action called Managed Challenge.

There are mentions of Managed rulesets, which I understand to be a list of execptions or rules I can write myself. I have only written one Page Rule that does not match the request I am getting the “Action taken: Managed Challenge” for in the Firewall app.

I had the same question, and it appears (at least in our case) that this is related to the “Super Bot Fight Mode”. Once we told Cloudflare to issue a challenge for " Definitely automated" and “Likely automated” traffic, we starting seeing those “Managed Challenge” firewall events.

Under “Events by service”, if you filter the overview by “Firewall: Managed”, then a little down in the page you’ll see a box titled “Managed Rules” that should tell you what exactly is the source of those “Managed Challenge” firewall events.

2 Likes

Managed Challenge are related to the Super Bot Fight Mode. You can change settings in the new Bot tab under Firewall.

2 Likes

Thank you both!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.