CF's APO plugin for WordPress isn't being updated

Hi. Does anyone know why CF’s APO plugin for WordPress has not been updated?

It’s compatible with WordPress version up to 5.7.5 only (current WordPress version is 5.9)

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.
I believe it is compatible.
I am currently running multiple websites on 5.8.3 (PHP 7.4) and few development websites on 5.9 (PHP 8.0) with both CF’s plugins, without issues.

Recent topic:

thanks, I also haven’t encountered any problems, but still - the plugin seems as if it has been abandoned…

I believe it’s not.

but do you happen to know why it isn’t marked as incompatible with current version of WordPress?

Well, the plugin’s readme file says it is “Tested Up To” WordPress 5.7.5 version (5.9 current, 5.8 in between) with 5.7 being major version (next 5.8, 5.9 … 6.0 someday …).

We might see a notice/warning message after the WordPress 6.0+ release and if the plugin wont’ be updated until then in the meantime.

In case if it wouldn’t be, then the notice/warning messasge would show on the WordPress plugin repository for it as:

This plugin hasn’t been tested with the latest 3 major releases of WordPress. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.

The time of the last update does not mean that the plugin does not work or has any issues with the code.