CF simply refuses to cache my content

Sorry for the just another “CF does not cache my content” topic, but no matter what I do, my content is never cached by CF.

Example url:
https://pixoeditor.com:8443/editor/css/all.m.css?v=107ff4bdcfb5eeda6169b164f0b050a1

My server’s response headers:

1. Cache-Control: public, max-age=31536000
  2. Connection: keep-alive
  3. Content-Encoding: gzip
  4. Content-Type: text/css
  5. Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2020 11:32:48 GMT
  6. Last-Modified: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 19:29:49 GMT
  7. Transfer-Encoding: chunked

cf-cache-status: DYNAMIC

I even created a page rule matching the above url:

pixoeditor.com:8443/editor/css/.css*
Cache Level: Cache Everything

No success.

Please advise…

Post the actual URL.

Hi, I edited my post above.

The URL in question returns a 401. There is nothing to cache in this case :slight_smile:

1 Like

:wave: @sandro,

I got a 405 is that 4 more better?

curl -I https://pixoeditor.com:8443/editor/css/all.m.css\?v\=107ff4bdcfb5eeda6169b164f0b050a1
HTTP/2 405
date: Wed, 04 Mar 2020 14:07:32 GMT   

– OG

That would require a 1604.

Yes because url cannot be opened directly, it needs a proper referrer. Maybe that’s the problem, maybe CF does not properly forward the referrer and gets 4** error?

Then post the URL where the referrer is properly sent.

The restriction is now removed. URL should be accessible.

Does your server IP address end in 73?

Yes, correct

From what a preliminary test seems to suggest, that might be because of the port. And actually because of the port, not because the page rule might not fire in combination with a port. As far as I can tell the latter does/should fire but for some reason the cache itself is being ignored.

This somehow neither matches what I would have expected but at this point I cannot say whether this is by design or a bug in Cloudflare’s platform. If it was the former, it would be a new to me. If it is the latter, you should contact support for them to escalate it.

Respectively, you should probably contact support in any case for clarification, as far as I can tell - and unless I missed something - your configuration should be right :slight_smile:

Thanks, I just submitted an issue to the support…

Hi,

Contacted support and they told me that only default ports (80 and 443) are supported by CF Cache ATM. Official documentation:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.