Cf-edge-cache response header is missing! Please clear any server cache used via other plugins

Hi there,

I have APO of Cloudflare integrated within my Wordpress. I also have Shortpixel Image Optimizer active (with Cloudflare’s api connected to it).

In the Cloudflare tab of Wordpress I continuously (shortly) see the warning “cf-edge-cache response header is missing! Please clear any server cache used via other plugins”. I’ve read APO Warning: cf-edge-cache response header is missing which is about the same thing (although I’m not aware it started showing after an update) and as a consequence cleared all cache I good find (in the order as described on How to clear WordPress cache - ShortPixel Knowledge Base).

I’m hoping solving this error in the Cloudflare tab of Wordpress solves wrong settings that will help me lower my LCP (currently 6 to 7 seconds for a product page like Amsterdammertje kopen? Bestel hier alle soorten | Amsterdam-Cadeau.nl, giving me much less traffic since Google’s Update related to Page Experience).

Please note that I’m not technical, so please don’t mind me asking where, how and what to implement if it’s not clear for me.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Bob

It seems the issue is fixed now, as https://www.amsterdam-cadeau.nl/product/amsterdams-paaltje-amsterdammertje-kopen/ is cached by APO and cf-edge-cache header is present.

Hi Yevgen,

Thanks for your reply. I’ve now indeed seen HIT for cloudflare. However, what surprises me still is that the time to first byte is still 1.92 seconds, whereas Cloudflare’s APO should make TTFB fast. See Google’s PSI report:

Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Kind regards, Bob

Also in Webpagetest “Cache static content” scores a C: WebPageTest Test Result - Amsterdam : www....erdammertje-kopen/ - 07/06/21 20:07:02 Seems to me things aren’t working as they should yet.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.