CF config for Kajabi after moving from InMotion

Hello team…

Just want to verify a few things on behalf of a client before we make our cutover this weekend.

Client currently has old website on InMotion and built new website on Kajabi.

Client registered CF account and did scan. Scan found domain name with InMotion NS Ip addresses.

After reading the documentation it seems as though I’ll go to my registrar and enter CF’s name server IP. Correct?

And then CF routes traffic based on the scan results it pulled during the config process. Correct?

I need CF to know clients new website IP at Kajabi. What is the best way to configure the account. Do I change registrar to Kajabi NS Ip and then run CF config again so it recognizes the domain is pointed to Kajabi NS? Then plug in CF NS IP on registrar?

A little clarity would make my day

Thank you team

Yes.

Yes again. So far so good…

You’re on a roll!

And this is where it gets fun. Cloudflare is just fancy DNS. But your DNS records here need to be correct for your needs. Kajabi should tell you what your DNS records should look like for it to work. And then you make those changes here.

You can skim through some posts to see what your DNS should look like:
https://community.cloudflare.com/search?q=kajabi%20dns

You really should do these two things separately. If anything goes wrong you might be fighting two fires at once. Move the DNS with all records :grey: and wait a few days before starting to change the website to a new hosting provider.

1 Like

Thank you both for your extremely helpful replies.

Just to clarify (im thick-headed sometimes) …

Get the Kajabi NS IP addresses. Insert to CF. Wait a few days. Then go to registrar and plug in CF NS IPs.

Is this correct?

Thank you once again the community here is very helpful

Hi Team…just wanted to follow up to my final question…

Just to clarify (im thick-headed sometimes) …

Get the Kajabi NS IP addresses. Insert to CF. Wait a few days. Then go to registrar and plug in CF NS IPs.

Is this correct?

Are you ok with some downtime? As @michael said, trying to juggle both at once is a bit tricky.

My first step would be to get the Cloudflare part working first. Even if it’s just for your old site. Once your domain is on Cloudflare, DNS changes propagate pretty quickly.

So:

1. Go to the registrar and change your name servers to the Cloudflare ones. You said your client already populated DNS here.
  2. Wait a couple of days for that to take effect.
  3. Make the switch to Kajabi. That means changing some DNS records. That part doesn’t take too long if your Kajabi account is already configured.

Thank you so much for sticking with me on this topic. I was pretty sureI understood how DNS worked until I started working with Kajabi. They keep insisting that they don’t use name servers or IP address that they just plug in a generic CNAME (enpoint.kajabi.com) into the CF DNS records and it connects.

:frowning:

That is correct. As shown in the threads I initially linked to.

One last trick: Because it’s a CNAME setup, the domain can only be reached at its ‘www’ address, so you’ll need to forward root domain requests like so:

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.