CF CNAME to AWS Route 53 latency based routing

Hi folks!

I’m using Cloudflare + AWS Route 53 since a while to get CF security features + AWS Route 53 latency based routing to various ELBs, in USA, Europe and Asia.
It appears that since a month, most of the world traffic is being redirected to the USA servers, instead of reaching the closest region.

You can easily test it, if you are not in the USA:

Cloudflare DNS record: CNAME “tracking” to “tracking.wisepops-balancing.com” - Proxied.

When accessing the page from France, I see most of the time popup-prod-usa-X - I should see popup-prod-eu-X.
The server name is visible directly on the HTML page, and in the header X-WisePops-Server.

So my questions are:

• Could Cloudflare proxy all request to a USA edge server because it thinks that my origin server is in the USA? Argo is not renabled on my domain.
  • How can I debug this? I tried to find some doc on the web, but I didn’t achieve to make sure that I understand the real problem. http://tracking.wisepops.com/cdn-cgi/trace shows me that I am reaching the correct CF server (CDG, located near Paris).

Many thanks for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.