I have configured a domain to serve avatars statically from S3. Because we have many users in different parts of the world, the Cloudflare CDN would be a great way of speeding this up. But unfortunately I can’t get it to work.
I have followed the steps to give all files a CachControl header with a large MaxAge value. Also I have added a first Page Rule with Cache Everything and Edge Caching TTL.
But the request always has a cache MISS. After a few minutes it has a HIT. But when I try again in a few hours it misses again. I can see in the request/bandwith stats that very little requests are being cached, even though almost all traffic on this domain is static.
Really at a loss here. Hope there’s an obvious mistake I made.
Example of a static file with this behaviour: