CF Apps - Facebook Like

developers
using_apps

Can’t reach out to the dev on this one since it says “Facebook” is the developer. They’re not so good at support.

The like button on the app works fine, however the sharer breaks. I have also tried including the javascript SDK on my pages (but only after this failure) to see if it would honor it. No joy on that either…

<div id="fb-root"></div>
<script>(function(d, s, id) {
  var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
  if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
  js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
  js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.9&appId=MYAPPID";
  fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>

Checking with our apps team now. :expressionless:

You should go to https://developers.facebook.com/ >> Your App and allow it for public use.
Iam not sure how CF Apps Facebook Like works but when I did my own “share button” I needed to create my own app on fb and allow it for public use.

I do use FB apps @GustavoM thanks… The objective is to keep the code off my site. Are you saying you are rendering the like button with CF and not putting the sdk script anywhere on your site?

Oh sorry I didnt read that you said the admin of app is facebook so in this case. Strange, I never tried to use their own app for share, I needed to create my own only for they share my website link.

Current I have an facebook app (which is empty, doent do anything) just for allow people share my website link.

Generally I don’t use social as it slows the sites down considerably… but some clients do. This looked favorable to keep javascript to a minimum so I gave it a spin. Right now I just have the like button from the app until this gets resolved (if it can).

This has been resolved, thanks @Stuart!