CF and Wasabi: upload, stream and thumbnail

Hi all.
I have connected my Wasabi bucket with Cloudflare and I’m successfully using it.
I have some questions:

1. upload through Cloudflare
    Actually I’m uploading images and videos through a node JS server which is using Wasabi presigned urls. Can I do this with Cloudflare?

2. stream videos
    Can I stream videos from Cloudflare? Do I need some particular configuration or options?

3. thumbnail
    Can Cloudflare generate thumbnail on the fly for big videos and cache them? If yes, how can I achive this?

Thanks!

Hi. Can you clarify what you mean by connecting Wasabi to Cloudflare? If by that you mean you’ve setup a zone that used wasabi as the origin, then I would to keep a few things in mind:

1. Stream is an account level product not connected to any zone

2. To upload videos to Stream, you can upload the raw bytes or call the Stream API with a link to the video file. Stream will download, store and encode the videos. See https://developers.cloudflare.com/stream/uploading-videos/ways-to-upload

3. You can playback videos uploaded to Stream using the video id returned and the HLS or dash URL. Alternatively you can use the embed code provided in the Stream dashboard.

Hi and thanks for you answer.
What I’ve done until now is https://wasabi-support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018526192-How-do-I-use-Cloudflare-with-Wasabi-
Basically my scope is to use Cloudflare as a CDN in front of Wasabi.

What I would like to do now is to reproduce videos that are on Wasabi without downloading it entirely, but streaming them while reproducing with HLS.
I have some doubts about if this is possible with Stream and how to do that.

Moreover for videos that are already on Wasabi, I would like to know if Cloudflare can generate an image thumbnail and how I can get that.

Thank you for clarifying me these points.
I currently on a free plan and evaluating Cloudflare for business/enterprise plan.

“What I would like to do now is to reproduce videos that are on Wasabi without downloading it entirely, but streaming them while reproducing with HLS.”

This is not possible with how Stream works, unfortunately.

Thank you for clarify me that.
What about image thumbnail?

Features like Thumbnails and HLS are part of Cloudflare Stream.

To use Cloudflare Stream, a copy of your video needs to be stored at Cloudflare. You can either copy the videos from Wasabi to Cloudflare or have your users upload videos to Cloudflare directly. Cloudflare Stream costs $1 for 1,000 minutes of video streamed and $5/ for 1,000 minutes of storage capacity for videos.

Hope this makes the architecture required to get HLS URLs and thumbnails from Cloudflare a little bit more clear. If you prefer to use Wasabi as a storage origin and use Cloudflare as a CDN, you will need to generate thumbnails and HLS URLs using your servers.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.