CF and Cpanel... dns on CF or Hoster?

Hello,

I setup my domain in CF and it’s work, but I got some issu if I use MX record and point it to my cpanel hoster…

most of the time Public email like gmail and hotmail work so I can send email from my domain to public, but I got bounce email back to other server.

here how I setup my domain dns in CF

and here the dns zone in my cpanel.

I received this email… bounce back when I try to send and email from agencemaki.com, If I send it via gmail then it’s work.

ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:128 CV=yes: SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<[email protected]> SIZE=9826: 550-Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable\n550 invalid DNS MX or A/AAAA resource record

something wrong… Do I need to use CF dns or my Cpanel dns Zone… I can reach my website no problem… the only issu is email… Please help me.

MX should never point to an IP address, only to a hostname. Try changing in Cloudflare DNS the value of the MX record from 54.39.152.27 to ‘mail.agencemaki.com’.

Thank you very much it’s fix the problem…
it’s there a way to make the A pointing to a web provider and point the MX to another mail services provider at the same time ? since mail.agencemaki.com is related to the A agencemaki.com ??

I want the A point to
and mx point to another

thanks

Yes, you can leave the A record pointing to your host and just change the MX record to point to the host specified by your mail service.

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.