I am currently facing the problem that due to my CF Access configuration the Wordpress Plugin “Wordfence” can not connect to my Wordpress Website.
- Wordpress Website hosted in Azure
- Wordfence Plugin as Wordpress Firewall
- CF Access for /wp-admin & /wp-login.php → Specified Users can authenticate via email
If I understand it correctly, Wordfence uses AJAX and accesses the wordpress backend via /wp-admin to communicate with their servers.
In the Diagnostics I can see that the CF Access Page comes up when Wordfence tries to connect to my site.
What I have done so far:
- Set “CF-Connecting-IP” Option in Wordfence
- Followed the Wordfence instructions for Cloudflare (Connecting your sites to Wordfence Central - Wordfence) → Not working = does this even effect the CF Access policies?
Do you have an Idea how to get this working? Adding the IPs to a Teams Group and allow the group to access the /wp-admin Access Application does not work too.
Thanks in advance!