Certificate Name Does Not Match Input

Answer these questions to help the Community help you with Security questions.

What is the domain name?
smartminds.one

Have you searched for an answer?
Yes

Please share your search results url:
Potential problem with proxies, wildcard setup for SSL cert as there’s several subdomains with SSL running on the site.

When you tested your domain, what were the results?
My domain works fine in the rest of the world, except in the Telstra network in Australia. For users in Australia using Telstra, the following issue displays.

Describe the issue you are having:
Please see attached picture

What error message or number are you receiving?
landing.telstra.com certificate name does not match input

Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare?

Yes

What are the steps to reproduce the error:

1. User from Telstra network try entering by clicking a link to the home page https://smartminds.one
  2. User from Telstra network entering the site from email confirmation after filling up opt-in form located in SmartMinds Enterprise - Realized Mind
  3. Click links to the website from emails sent after optining in through the form located at SmartMinds Enterprise - Realized Mind

Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode?
Yes
Please attach a screenshot of the error:
Yes already attached.

This site isn’t being proxied by Cloudflare so it’s not a Cloudflare or proxy issue.

Since this cert error includes the name of the ISP in question, it’s something related to the ISP and the visitor should contact their ISP to determine the issue / resolve.

See also:

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I’m afraid that I have to contact someone over Telstra as the owner of the business as the issue is with all Telstra users, not only one. Especially with their wifi connection at home. That’s why I’m thinking that this on the macro scale of things could be not only related to one customer but to all of them.

It very well could be all users of that provider, but the issue is at the provider. You would need to contact them to understand why they have chosen to block the website.

Like nation states an ISP can do whatever they want to a large degree.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.