Certain files are not being loaded

Answer these questions to help the Community help you get started.

What is the domain name?
seriusgames.com

Have you searched for an answer?
Yes.

Please share your search results url:
https://www.google.com/search?q=certain+files+don't+load+with+cloudflare+after+changing+them

When you tested your domain, what were the results?
Certain files are not being loaded. For example, at the seriusgames.com homepage, a video is supposed to appear on the left.

Describe the issue you are having:
I have my site files on a godaddy server, and I recently started using Cloudflare, mainly for the SSL. It was working well at first, but when I recently changed some files by ftp using FileZilla, some of them weren’t being loaded/found. These files seem to be only/mostly webp files and mp4. Strangely, the video that now doesn’t appear in the homepage wasn’t one of the files I changed.

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?
I’ve tried completely purging the cache, using development mode, opening the site in private mode, refreshing with Ctrl+F5, and using different browsers/devices. The only thing that makes the problem go away is by pausing Cloudflare, which lets me know that the problem is related to Cloudflare, but not what the actual issue is.

Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare?
Yes.

What are the steps to reproduce the error:
Open https://www.seriusgames.com and notice that the video doesn’t show, there’s an empty gray space instead. I also have a web app that shows that some files can’t be loaded more clearly, but it’s private.

Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode?
Yes.

An update on this;

It seems that the problem is related to my region. A friend of mine from a nearby city encounters the same problem, but I asked someone from a neighboring country to try and it seems to works fine.

When inspecting the network traffic, the files that are not loaded (all the webp and mp4 files) have either the error “NS_ERROR_NET_PARTIAL_TRANSFER” (most commonly) or “NS_ERROR_NET_INTERRUPT”.

The request timings for these files typically show something like:

Blocked: -1 ms
DNS Resolution: 0 ms
Connecting: 0 ms
TLS Setup: 0 ms
Sending: 0 ms
Waiting: 20 ms
Receiving: 1 ms

What else can I try?

I’m stumped. Any ideas of what could be causing this?

It doesn’t seem to be a cache issue since when in development mode, the problem remains. What else could it be?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.