CEO Died, no way to connect to account

Hello, I work for an agency that takes care of all digital needs for our customers. We work with a company which has a domain on cloudflare.
The only person who had access to the account was the former CEO which is now deceased.
We have no way to connect to the account and therefore cannot make any changes to the DNS.
We do not know what Email was used, we can only confirm ownership of the business connected to the domain.

shaargiora.co.il

Go to dash.cloudflare.com and select “Forgot your email”. This will send an email to the owner of the account that holds the domain; if someone has access to the CEO’s email then that will be your way in.

If that doesn’t work, you’ll need to access the domain registrar and change the nameserver to those for a new Cloudflare account, or other DNS provider, in order to take control of the domain.

[add]
The website isn’t proxied through Cloudflare, just using DNS, so moving to another Cloudflare account/DNS provider should be straightforward if that’s what you need to do.
https://cf.sjr.org.uk/tools/check?840d909316f848a787ba3e5636be7317#dns

1 Like

Hey, thank you for replying
How would I go about moving the DNS to another cloudflare account?

2 Likes

Create a new Cloudflare account.

Add the domain…

As the DNS records that I can see are not proxied, then they should import ok, or you can enter them manually. You can use the link in my previous post which shows the web and DNS records that are easy to look up. Hopefully there’s not more records or other Cloudflare settings, but it’s hard to know without trying.

Once everything is set up, change the 2 Cloudflare nameservers at your registrar to the 2 given for the zone by Cloudflare in the new account.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.