CDN without Proxy

Hello, is it possible to use just Cloudflare CDN, without proxying my website to cloudflare ip ?
My website currently has a dedicated ip with no other website on it.
I don’t want to have to use a Cloudflare IP that is shared by multiple websites as that could affect SEO.

No proxy = no traffic routed to Cloudflare = no CDN.

What makes you think so?

The company that helps us with SEO told us to not use Cloudflare because a shared ip makes us look bad to google.

Oh, that’s interesting. I never heard someone mention this before.

I’m not an SEO expert, but maybe someone from @MVP can clarify this?

Hello,

1. You can use two domains for your site.
    Then set the site files to the second domain which is CDN.

2. Or disable cloud the main domain, then create a subdomain and enable the cloud.

Not a chance, that would automatically kill the shared hosting of thousands of hosting businesses.

It’s only a problem if you go into the extreme.

1 Like

It does not matter if the ip is shared!
Cloudflare is useful because of its 100% DNS uptime.

It comes up quite often, but I don’t know the source of that misinformed opinion came from. Shared IP addresses have been around forever. As far back as 18 years, Google has said this isn’t an issue (Question 5):

3 Likes

This actually is prohibited by the TOS. If you want to benefit from CF, the Cloudflare-protected parts need to be websites and any proxied “CDN” subdomains need to be loaded from a proxied website that is returning html.

2.8 Limitation on Serving Non-HTML Content

. Unless explicitly included as part of a Paid Service purchased by you, you agree to use the Services solely for the purpose of (i) serving web pages as viewed through a web browser or other functionally equivalent applications, including rendering Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) or other functional equivalents, and (ii) serving web APIs subject to the restrictions set forth in this Section 2.8. Use of the Services for serving video or a disproportionate percentage of pictures, audio files, or other non-HTML content is prohibited, unless purchased separately as part of a Paid Service or expressly allowed under our Supplemental Terms for a specific Service

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.