Can't toggle DNS to Orange Cloud

Hello,

I am experiencing a problem with my DNS settings on Cloudflare. My website is currently under a DDOS attack, which is why I’m trying to connect CloudFlare. Settings are changed, but for some reason I can’t toggle the DNS settings to the orange cloud. I can’t find a solution for this.

My hosting provider suspended my hosting and will re-enable it when the DNS settings are correct.

Can someone explain me how I the DNS settings to the orange cloud?

Thank you in advance.

If you are on an Enterprise plan you can :orange: a wildcard, but not on Free, Pro or Business plans.

What happens if you click the :grey: for the www and domain.com records?

Ah, I didn’t know it was possible but the 2nd and third were be able to change into the orange cloud.

The first one, which the name is a " * " are not available to turn into a orange cloud. Do I need an enterprise plan for that?

Yes. But the simple alternative (and better in my mind) is to create individual records for each hostname you need, rather than using a wildcard. Especially if you are trying to stop illegitimate traffic to your origin.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.