Can't setup page forwarding

Hey there, I don’t know why I can’t use URL Forwarding, I’m getting a “This site can’t be reached” error. I’ve been to many articles and cannot figure out what is going on.

You need a DNS record for that subdomain. Add an A record for ‘discord’ pointing to 192.0.2.1 and see if the page rule works then.

Most definitely, there is no such record.

Yeah that didn’t work…

discord.infamousmc.org redirects me to https://discordapp.com/invite/BSCHQzB try clearing your cache.

For me too. The OP presumably did not wait for DNS propagation.

There we go, clearing my cache worked. What exactly is 192.0.2.1?

It is an illustrative IP address often used for router setups on local networks etc. I doesn’t ‘go’ anywhere! For a redirect to work, a DNS record is required (many hosts hide this and automatically create one when you add a redirect) however you have to add one in Cloudflare for a redirect page rule to work. You could really set it to any IP address, however I always reccomend 192.0.2.1 as Cloudflare accepts it and it is illustrative.

192.0.2.1 is in the 192.0.2.0/24 block. 192.0.2.0/24 is assigned as
“TEST-NET-1” for use in documentation and example code. It is often used in conjuction with domain names example.com or example.net in vendor and protocol documentation. Addresses within this block do not legitimately appear on the public Internet and can be used without any coordination with IANA or an Internet registry.

Ahh okay, thank you very much. I thought that I needed a DNS because of the articles I read kept referring to your DNS needing to go through Cloudflare, I just had no idea what I would put for the DNS since they never said. Thanks again.