Can't receive emailss ince DNS server is off

Hey,
I had a Debian server as DNS and moved all entries from that server to Cloudlfare so I could turn off the Debian server. Unfortunatley, since I have done that some of my users don’t receive emails (transiting on a another debian server using postfix) - especially from kraken.com. I have an error in mail log as follow :

Apr 25 11:32:58 dice postfix-smtp-in/smtpd[22248]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail201.static.mailgun.info[104.130.122.201]: 451 4.3.5 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: Server configuration problem; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail201.static.mailgun.info>
Apr 25 11:35:18 dice policyd-spf[8805]: prepend Received-SPF: Temperror (mailfrom) identity=mailfrom; client-ip=104.130.122.201; helo=mail201.static.mailgun.info; envelope-from=bounce+f50046.89a8dc-arnaud.bogaert=gadz.org@kraken.com; receiver=<UNKNOWN>
Apr 25 11:37:00 dice policyd-spf[20105]: prepend Received-SPF: Temperror (mailfrom) identity=mailfrom; client-ip=104.130.122.201; helo=mail201.static.mailgun.info; envelope-from=bounce+f50046.89a8dc-arnaud.bogaert=gadz.org@kraken.com; receiver=<UNKNOWN>

Others emails are fine are fine. And when I turn my Debian DNS server back on, users receive their kraken.com emails again.

Please help

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

Thanks for using </>Preformatted text to make your log output more readable. Would you mind not using that formatting on your other text? It makes it much harder to read.

I don’t how much help the Cloudflare Community is going to be. We cannot help you troubleshoot your email server configuration. If you have moved authoritative DNS to Cloudflare, your Debian DNS server should not be queried any longer.

You are most likely going to need to become very familiar with your entire mail flow. There is a postfix IRC channel on Libera Chat that may prove helpful.

If you have any questions that are specific to Cloudflare or DNS we may be able to answer them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.