Can't receive account conformation mails

It looks as if the delivery problems still exist.

Unfortunately, I am still not receiving any emails from Cloudflare after several attempts. This morning when I opened the support ticket, I received an invitation link from the Discourse forum and a copy of my support ticket. I have allow-listed the following addresses.

*@cloudflare.com
*@notify.cloudflare.com

So it must be a software bug on Cloudflare’s side. :thinking:

** […] any account confirmation emails […]

In your case, I can see your mail server is bouncing emails:

554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [a.b.c.d] blocked using rep.mailspike.net; IP (a.b.c.d) has Mailspike reputation. Visit Mailspike - Check your IP

So you need to check with your mail provider on why they are rejecting email from us.

2 Likes

Many Thanks! It‘s my own mx server. After removing the DNSBL entry as source, it seems to be working! :partying_face:

Unfortunately, I didn’t notice any rejection by Rspamd.I need to implement an DMARC analytics tool very soon.

1 Like

No problem - glad you found the problem! In the vast, vast majority of cases the issue is either:

1. Reaching your mailserver
  2. mailserver itself is blocking receipt

The first part is normally because:

• Misconfigured DNS - wrong MX record or no MX record
  • Mailserver is down completed

Then if we are able to get to the mailserver, it’s then commonly 3 things:

• Mailbox doesn’t exist
  • Mailbox is full
  • Spam service is rejecting the email

Running your own mail server is hard!

I should add we do have a doc on this topic which others might find useful if they are troubleshooting their own issues with mail:

I know @tgahn is working on a document that’s specific to “Why aren’t I receiving emails from Cloudflare?” as well.

1 Like

Indeed. There are a lot of up- and downsides. :nerd_face:

The ultimate challenge for domain owners. (Still having trouble with IPv6).
… my recommendation: http://hardenize.com as a checklist.

And the need of DNS blacklists ... but psssst ;)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.