Can't reach sites that are protected by Cloudflare

Hello,

I cannot reach any site that’s protected by Cloudflare with my tablet (Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra). The thing is with my smartphone (S22 Ultra) it works perfectly fine. I tried several things (Wi-Fi, VPN on & off, mobile data and different browsers (without any ad blocking etc.)) and even a factory reset, but it didn’t do anything.

Do you have any idea what could be the problem? I would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks in advance,
Niklas :slight_smile:

Hello Niklas,

It sounds like you’ve already tried the common troubleshooting steps. Since the issue is isolated to your tablet, consider checking if your tablet’s DNS settings are different from those on your smartphone. You can try setting your tablet’s DNS to 1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare’s DNS) or 8.8.8.8 (Google’s DNS) to see if that resolves the issue. If the problem persists, it may be worth checking with your ISP to see if there are any specific restrictions or network settings that could be causing this issue on your tablet.

Best regards.

Louise

Hi Louise,

thank you very much for your reply.

Unfortunately, changing the DNS in Brave to the Cloudflare’s or Google’s one doesn’t do anything. My tablet’s SIM card is a multi SIM (Vodafone One number) so the IPS is the same as on my smartphone.

The only DNS setting I found in directly in my tablet’s settings (including dev options) is the one in the screenshot, but I think that’s not related to my problem. Also I can’t set 1.1.1.1 there since it is not a public DNS.

Is it possible that there is something wrong with my tablet? I purchased it directly from Samsung, but I can’t imagine what there could be. Do you perhaps have any idea?
I never heard of an issue like that before.

Best regards,
Niklas :slight_smile:

Based on that screenshot it looks like you are getting stuck on a Cloudflare challenge.

Some possible things to check are listed here: Challenges · Cloudflare Web Application Firewall (WAF) docs
Including making sure cookies and JavaScript are enabled, and disabling browser plug-ins which could be posing an issue.

Unfortunately, it’s still not working although I allowed all the required scripts and cookies, there are no plugins at all on my device. The settings are exactly the same as on my smartphone and I don’t know what to else.

I even reset my tablet a second time but it’s still not working (also because of other problems).

And yes, it is all about the security challenge that prevents me accessing websites that are protected by them.

Do you mean it could be useful to contact Samsung about that?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.