Can't invite members to my account. Code: 1005

I’m trying to invite a support team as a member but when I go through the steps I get an error message "error when processing member: cannot add existing user that is participating in an incompatible authorization system (code: 1005). Does anyone know how to fix this?

1 Like

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting Cloudflare Support. We’re sorry to hear that you are experiencing some difficulties with inviting/adding member(s) to your Cloudflare account.

This error is seen when the user/s you are attempting to invite do not have domain scoped roles enabled on their account. So, basically:

• Users with Domain Scoped Roles enabled can ONLY manage other members also enrolled with Domain Scoped Roles.
  • Users without Domain Scoped Roles enabled can NOT manage users with Domain Scoped Roles enabled.

In order to fix this issue, we’re planning to release (enable) this feature for all of our customers in the upcoming weeks (work in progress) which will automatically resolve the issue.

Please see our blog post for more details on Domain Scoped Roles: https://blog.cloudflare.com/rbac-for-everyone/

3 Likes

Any ETA on that? We have the same issue and waited about 2 weeks now.

1 Like

Same problem here. So in the meantime, our client can’t add us to their account. We have a website to migrate live and DNS records to add and change.

What is the solution now? Since any support I request leads me to this community, who do I ask? Do they need to provide me with a login/password to their account, which seems to defeat the purpose of having users?

Is this related to Enterprise clients?

1 Like

I’ve waited for 3 weeks but haven’t got an answer yet.

I have this issue too. When are you getting this resolved?

Never, I managed to let client turn off the 2FA and get their login details.

I have issues with being able to help clients and delegating access to developers.
How away are we for a complete rollout ?

No luck yet. I am still using client’s login.

Hi community
Failed to invite member as administrator, but the member doesn’t existed in member list.
Anyone have solution to this?

Error message:
Error when processing member: cannot add existing user that is participating in an incompatible authorization system(Code: 1005)

Thank you.

Is there any update already? We’re waiting this issues to be fixed so long time.

1 Like

This problem is still present.

I’m having the same problem.

I have the same problem here. Any solution?

We are having the same problem

Same problem here. Is there a fix for this?

Hi any update on the same? I am having an error when tried to add members as admins:

Error when processing member: cannot add existing user that is participating in an incompatible authorization system (code: 1005)).

+1 here

We are having the same issue on a business plan since some weeks ago and we can’t add a new member.
Is there any available workaround?

Whe I try to add a mamerb to my account I get the folowing:

Error when processing member: cannot add existing user that is participating in an incompatible authorization system(Code: 1005)

All research says that CF have to “fix something in the back end”.

Hoping that can get done here.

Anyone from Cloudflare?