Cant go to website after moving cloudflare dns

Strange thing is going on after moving my site DNS over to Cloudflare. I can still reach it via my local network but i cannot connect to my site via anything else. Help?

I get ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Domain is luisrodriguez.tech

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

Seems like there is no A record found for the naked domain luisrodriguez.tech, however the www exists and redirects to the naked domain :thinking:

Kindly, navigate to the DNS tab of Cloudflare dashboard for your domain name and double-check. :thinking:

Using below step-by-step instructions you can add it manually and point to your web hosting IP:

Checking the MX records, you’re or were using Porkbun before?

Thank you for feedback information.

Yes.

Kindly, add a new record as follows:

1. Navigate to the DNS tab of Cloudflare dashboard for your domain name.
  2. Click on the blue button “Add Record”.
  3. Select A type, in the “name” field write the at symbol @ and in the IPv4 address enter the IP address
  4. Make sure it’s set to proxied :orange: cloud.
  5. Click on the blue button “Save”.
  6. Wait for a minute or two to apply the changes.

Example in the picture from below:

And just like that im back in business! Thank you!

1 Like

Yupi! :blush: I am happy to assist you :wink:

Working for me too:

P.S. @gamerspacez kindly, due to the public forums and privacy concern, I’d suggest you to edit your post from above and remove the uploaded picture (screenshot of the DNS record) or just upload a masked one to hide your real IP address regarding the security & protection concern for future.

I have deleted my response to your answer but i noticed that on another browser i can still see the comment by clicking on the pencil button. How do i permanently delete that post or this thread?

It’s all good now :wink:

No need. However, if there is some kind of a sensitive information shared, you can always use a flag :black_flag: icon with selecting “something else” to notice the forum staff member about it to take an action and remove only the specific post or maybe the history of editing it.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.