Can't get my page to forward

I can’t get my page to forward. I provided the URL and now I’m getting an error it can find my page at all. It’s pretty frustrating. It’s something that should be very simple.

1 Like

You Suck, how do I get a refund. I’m going with someone else. This is the worst experience EVER!!!

A guide to creating redirects is here. Just change the hostnames to what you need…

1 Like

If you need more examples, this guide covers additional scenarios.

If you need further assistance, you can share your domain name, your desired outcome, and the steps you have taken toward that end.

2 posts were split to a new topic: WHOIS says there no IP for this domain

That doesn’t help me

Can you explain what it is you are trying to do then? Can you show a screenshot of it and the error?

1 Like

Thanks for trying to help

I wish it was as simple as when I was with Dotster. All you had to do was paste in the URL you wanted to direct it to.

What I am trying to do is when someone types in letsgowithmarla.com (URL hosted with Cloudflare) they are redirected to https://my.successexpress.app/loan-officers/mmcgee@smprate

I set the forwarded up through page rules with 2 rules. I also tried as a redirect, that didn’t work either so I deleted it.

You don’t have a DNS record for letsgowithmarla.com
https://cf.sjr.org.uk/tools/check?9235f5045d0a4571b80082c38793db10#dns

As you are redirecting for the whole domain, add a proxied dummy DNS record for @ set to A 192.0.2.1 or AAAA 100:: in your dashboard here…
https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/dns/records

[add] corrected the typo of 1000:: to 100::

1 Like

Post is here.

This should be 100:: for the recommended discard prefix IP.

The deprecation date for Page Rules has finally been disclosed. I would use a Redirect Rule instead of a Page Rule.

i can’t get it to work with a redirect either

You haven’t done this yet…
:point_down:

1 Like

i don’t understand what i’m supposed to do. I deleted the page rule and started to set up a redirect. But those rules (like everything else here) are not clear.

Yes my DNS are set up they are set up as Cloudflare as the primary is that not correct?

THIS SHOULDN’T BE THIS HARD. I WAS GOING TO TRANSFER BUT NEED TO WAIT ANOTHER 60 DAYS!!! I HATE CLOUDFLARE

Cloudflare is a self-service platform for developers and system administrators, so a certain degree of knowledge and ability is assumed. That said, you need to create a :orange: proxied DNS record for your domain name so that visitors will reach your redirect rule on Cloudflare.

Add a new AAAA record named @. Set the address to 100:: When you save it, the name will change to display your domain name. Make sure that it is :orange: proxied. This is required to direct your visitors to Cloudflare where you have configured your redirect.

If you haven’t yet read the summary of how Cloudflare works, you may find it worth your time.

Easiest way to forward a URL

The easiest way is to follow the instructions you were given here and by others. Doing that will fix your problem immediately.

That’s probably why I should have never come here. I’m not a developer. I was with Dotster for years. I copied and pasted into the filed that said “Forwarding” that was it. I have no interest in coding or learning how to be a developer. Now I have to wait 60 days to move my site. Cloudflare should have been more forthcoming.

I don’t understand what the instructions are. If I did it would have been fixed by now.