Cant get cloudflare cdn from siteground

Switched my site from hostmonster to site ground. When I tried to initiate cloudflare cdn, it wouldnt let me. I got this error

Failed to activate Cloudflare for acecharters.com . Cloudflare API returned Your acecharters.com’s DNS is hosted by CloudFlare. If you’d like to switch to SiteGround.com, you must first deactivate and then delete “acecharters.com” within CloudFlare. These options are available in the Settings menu.

I tried doing this but to no avail. please help!!!

Seems to me like your solution would be to use integrated Cloudflare from your CF Hosted Partner - SiteGround.

Meaning, anything you want to change you have to do it through SiteGround interface and not Cloudflare dashboard (dash.cloudflare.com).

Maybe this can help you:

I tried, and this was the error I got!!! Failed to activate Cloudflare for acecharters.com . Cloudflare API returned Your acecharters.com’s DNS is hosted by CloudFlare. If you’d like to switch to SiteGround.com, you must first deactivate and then delete “acecharters.com” within CloudFlare. These options are available in the Settings menu…

Hi @acecharters36, I see a zone pending name server change in your cloudflare account. That is pending full setup where you change your name servers. But, it sounds like (and from instructions @fritexvz mentioned) you want to do a partial partner setup where you don’t change your name servers.

In that case, I’d remove the site from your cloudflare account, Overview app, remove site option:

Screenshot from 2021-03-22 14-58-55

I could not figure that one out for a moment, then I realized siteground is picking up the old partial partner setup and returning that rather misleading/confusing error. Sorry for the troubles.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.