We have started using cloudflare and emails are sending and receiving fine, however when trying to set up users in Outlook the autodiscover always fails. Can someone take a look at the settings and see where it’s wrong? Thanks
Hosted Exchange Settings
CNAME Autodiscover Record
The CNAME Autodiscover entry is needed in order for Exchange 2016 and Outlook 2013/2016 to function properly.
Please note : Using Outlook 2007 is not recommended with the Exchange 2016 environment and may not function correctly
This would especially relate to:
- Free/Busy information in your calendar
- Out of office messages setup in Outlook.
- IMPORTANT – Proper syncing of Offline Address Book – which is what your exchange environment uses instead of the Global Address Book (GAL)
- For externally connected clients (roaming users) the SSL certificate must include the CNAME Autodiscover record.
- IMPORTANT – Outlook Anywhere – required for devices and mobiles etc.
- IMPORTANT – Exchange ActiveSync
- Unified Messaging
The Autodiscover service uses a user’s e-mail address and password to automatically configure a user’s profile. Using the e-mail address, the Autodiscover service provides the following information to the mail client:
- The user’s display name.
- Separate connection settings for internal and external connectivity.
- The location of the user’s Mailbox server.
- The URLs for various Outlook features that manage functionality such as OOF, free/busy information, Unified Messaging, and the offline address book.
- Outlook Anywhere server settings.
In your client’s DNS settings set up the following CNAME record:
autodiscover.yourdomain pointing to autodiscover.giacomcp.com