Can't find wrong NS records; Cloudflare is registrar

To re-activate a dormant site. tmorra(dot)xyz, I know I must change the current nameserver records to other ones AT Cloudflare… Cloudflare is the registrar, for the last 2 years.

The old (wrong) DNS records are at Cloudflare, as confirmed by WHOIS.

But how do I access the wrong NS records to delete them or update them? From the Cloudflare DNS tool, when I search for NS, no records are found. I read the community advice re removing DNSSEC first, but DNSSEC was never enabled.

Some Community topics advise deleting an old, deactivated Cloudflare site completely, and then re-adding it, as if new. Haven’t tried that ,

The guidance at Cloudflare on updating nameserver records seems more complete for OTHER registrars (like GoDaddy) than for Cloudflare itself…

My production site tmorra(dot)com is working fine, as always.

Hi @byrnb,

6.1 in the Domain Registration Agreement states that you cannot change the nameservers:

6.1 Nameservers . Registrant agrees to use Cloudflare’s nameservers. REGISTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IT MAY NOT CHANGE THE NAMESERVERS ON THE REGISTRAR SERVICES, AND THAT IT MUST TRANSFER TO A THIRD PARTY REGISTRAR IF IT WISHES TO CHANGE NAMESERVERS.

Domain Registration Agreement | Cloudflare

You’ll either need to use Cloudflare’s DNS and get a list of the required records from your host, or transfer your domain elsewhere to change the nameservers.

1 Like

I AM using Cloudflare’s DNS. I need to change (for example)

chad(dot)ns(dot)Cloudflare(dot)com

to

Alexis(dot)ns(dot)Cloudflare(dot)com.

The DNS and the domain registration need to be in the same account, are you trying to have them in separate accounts? I’m not sure what you are trying to achieve here.

1 Like

Yes, one account, two sites

Tmorra(dot) com is working fine. Registrar = Cloudflare, Host is Bluehost,

Cannot figure out how to delete or replace outdated NS records for old site I wish to re-activate. Registrar = Cloudflare. Host is Bluehost. Site last active 2019.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.