Can't find my website and need to make changes to the pages

A company made the pages of my website, they went out of business and gave no info in where it is and now the website is not working, I need to find it to make changes to the pages. Cloudflare had the domain name so i assume is here but is hard to get info from this place. Thanks for your help

What’s the domain in question?

1 Like

acar4charity.com Thanks for asking

1 Like

Whois shows the registrar as godaddy

Domain Name: acar4charity.com
Registry Domain ID: 2637915926_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: https://www.godaddy.com
**Updated Date: 2024-03-18T23:19:27Z**
Creation Date: 2021-08-31T18:15:53Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2025-08-31T18:15:53Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC

The whois results also show a change from 10 days ago, I made that text bold to call it out.

Security trails shows a change of namerservers away from cloudflare about a week ago (login to strails to view), https://securitytrails.com/domain/acar4charity.com/history/ns

And, the account shows as moved from the account you are using here, I suspect that happened at the time of the nameserver change.

That is harsh, sorry for that pain.

Those changes need to happen at the origin server (the place where your site is hosted), not at cloudflare. That may be godaddy, but it could be somewhere else.

I suspect you want to add the site back to your account, contact godaddy to change the nameservers to the two assigned and ask them if they are hosting your content & how to edit it.

Ultimately, you need to track down the origin server. You may be able to do that by looking at the audit log history for the value of an A record called acar4charity.com, copy that IP (content of the record) and go to Free Whois Lookup - Whois IP Search & Whois Domain Lookup | Whois.com and enter the IP to see if you can determine who owns the IP as they are hosting your site. That is the location where you need to change content.

1 Like

woow. great info. I will look into it. I really appreciate your help. :heart:

1 Like

godaddy has the domain and it will take some time for the domain to be active at their place so they can link to the site, but they don’t have the site or the content so while i wait i want to add content to the pages and that is why i am looking for it. I will try the " A record" thing and see if i find it. Thanks again.

1 Like

Let us know if that points you in the right direction. If not, check credit card payments as whoever is hosting the site is charging you for that service and you may be able to track them down that way.

1 Like

Hello. This is what is shown on godaddy for now, hopefully when the domain registration finishes it will give me the “A” number. (the “A” number says “parked” ) if this image i attached doesn’t show up.

oo, that is not great. It means there is no site. Was the site operational prior to adding to cloudflare?

1 Like