Can't establish a connection to the server at wss://domainname:7890/

I am running a service on my local webserver that uses websockets over port 7890.

I have read that Cloudflare support the use of websockets however when I try to use the web service - I get the below errors from firefox and chrome…

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at wss://domainname:7890

and

connection to ‘wss://domainname:7890/’ failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
setWebSocket @ (index):1
initialize @ (index):1
window.onload @ (index):1

I have opened port 7890 on my local firewall and forwarded it to the correct host on my LAN so I expect that Cloudflare would forward the websocket traffic to my local router/web server as it does with all other traffic that comes to my domain…

I have disable caching, rocket loader and more or less everything else on my Cloudflare portal with no luck…

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this - I have used exacly the same application configuration that I did on a AWS EC2 instance and after creating and applying a firewall rule to the instance this app worked without issue…

Any help is much appreciated…

Cloudflare only supports these ports, and wss Will only work with https ports on that page.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.