Can't download apps from Google Play

Hi everyone,

When using Cloudflare Randi noticed that I can’t download or update new apps from Google Play. In addition to that, occasionally I can’t download bigger files from Google Drive.

When I disable DNS everything is back to normal.

I use custom ROM (LineageOS).

Many thanks

It’s quite likely Google Play wants localization data from your DNS query to determine if you’re in a location where you can download that app.

Which country are you in, and are you using a country-specific Google Play store? (I don’t use Google Play, so I’m not sure if it’s geo-restricted like Apple’s online stores).

I’m currently located in Vietnam and my Google Play prices are displayed in local currency.

I forgot to explain why localization data might be a problem. 1.1.1.1 doesn’t forward that information.

Maybe someone who uses Google Play store in another country can investigate this.

Thanks for your help. I will try to Google it, might find something.

It’s definitely not Cloudflare’s fault. I’ve just tried using other DNS(8.8.8.8, 185.228.169.168, etc.) and I have the same problem.

Wow…even Google DNS doesn’t help.

How did you “disable DNS” to get it to work? What is your fallback DNS that you get by disabling?

I use DNS Switch app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.mypush.dnsswitch). When I disable DNS I get 203.113.188.1, I guess my local ISP?