Can't do a speed test, site not found!

Hi, I have setup my sub-domain, but when I do a speed test I am getting a result saying domain nonexistent. But the site is still loading. I have check all I think I can and it all seems to be in order. Can anyone please give me an answers, please!?

I also had image from Pingdom but as a new user I can only post 1 photo :frowning:

0 Likes

I can’t resolve that host either. Are you sure you added the record in Cloudflare’s Dashboard?

1 Like

Thanks for a quick reply, You are meaning in the DNS? This is what I have

0 Likes

You are saying that subdomain.earth2oceandesign.com points to h2o.earth2oceandesign.com, but does h2o.earth2oceandesign.com have any record?

1 Like

Ok, I am not sure what you mean, where do I look for that? I had just followed the setup steps and don’t remember this step

0 Likes

That is the basic of DNS. Where does that h2o.earth2oceandesign.com subdomain should live?

Also I expect subdomain.earth2oceandesign.com isn’t what you want to be accessed by the public?

2 Likes

What I am seeing is that you should probably:

1. Change the name from subdomain to h2o
  2. Change the value to earth2oceandesign.com, or change it to an A record pointing to your site’s IP.
2 Likes

This should be the usual setup, may not be in this case.

1 Like

I agree, but given the subdomain the OP was trying a speed test on, and that it has no DNS records, I think it is probably the case here :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

h2o.earth2oceandesign.com seems to work for me now and had DNS records :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

0 Likes

Huge thanks to both, I changed ‘subdomain’ to ‘h2o’ and shortened to just the domain name and it is now working. Also thanks for the info on DNS.
Unfortunately, my speed test has come make much worst than it was before! I guess I will spend more time learning about this, haha

2 Likes

Glad that worked :slightly_smiling_face: Just to let you know, there look to be a few mixed content issues on that subdomain. Please see this post for some helpful tips

2 Likes