Can't delete payment method even though I only have a free subscription

Hi all,

I am currently only subscribed to the free tier service. I wanted to transfer my domain name to CloudFlare, so I started the process and was promptly informed that I must add a payment method to my account before proceeding. Until this point, I had no payment methods added to my account. I added a credit card and tried again. Turns out my domain name can’t be transferred yet (it’s been fewer than 60 days since I registered it) Fair enough. But then, I tried removing the payment method I had just added from my account, only to be shown the following error:

status: 417, message: Cannot Delete Account with Active Subscriptions (Code: 1000)

Like I said, the only subscription I have is to the free tier. When I view the “Subscriptions” section of my account, I see this:

Any ideas on what steps I need to take in order to be able to remove the payment method from my account?

Thanks in advance for any help!

0 Likes

Hi @sine, sorry you’re having issues removing your payment method. I am pretty sure this is related to some ongoing billing maintenance we were performing, can you login and try again? If you’re still having issues, you may need to login and contact customer support and ask them to remove the payment method.

0 Likes

Thanks @cloonan! Just tried and no luck. I’ll contact support.

1 Like

I’m facing similar problem can’t delete payment method. it’s showing “Cannot Delete Account with Active Subscriptions (Code: 1000)”. I wonder if they help you to remove payment method.

0 Likes

I can’t found customer support from dashboard. Where should I ask?

0 Likes

Try this:
Login to Cloudflare and then contact Cloudflare Support

0 Likes