Can't create a new tunnel from a different config file

Hello! I’m having the same issue when I’m trying to create a new tunnel from a different config file.

ERR Failed to serve quic connection error="Unauthorized: Failed to get tunnel" connIndex=0 ip=IP

I have a tunnel running, but I can’t create a new one.
Can you please help me?

What command are you running to create the new tunnel? If possible, I would recommend creating the new tunnel remotely. It offers easier setup and config management.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply!
Maybe I’m missing something, but here’s what I’m doing:
Create a new config file with the new tunnel lines:

tunnel: pablo
credentials-file: /home/user/.cloudflared/ID.json

ingress:
  - hostname: subdomain.domain.com
    service: http://192.168.0.111:49153
  - service: http_status:4044

Then, I’m running the tunnel with a custom config file:

cloudflared tunnel --config /path/your-config-file.yaml run

Am I missing something?

Thanks once again.

Did you create the tunnel with cloudflared tunnel create <NAME>
If you run cloudflared tunnel list do you see the tunnel you created?

This needs to be the tunnel ID and not the name

1 Like

Yes, I can see the tunnel.

Now it’s working, but when I tried to access the hostname, it didn’t work.
Actually, I can see that I have 2 routes on the first tunnel and I don’t know why. I have 2 running tunnels in the CLI, but in the dashboard, I can see only one with 2 routes. I

Can you please tell me how I should start a second tunnel?

If you are configuring tunnels via the dashboard, then you need to use
sudo cloudflared service install <tunnel token>

1 Like

Actually, I can’t configure and create tunnels via dashboard because of this error:

sudo cloudflared service install <tunnel tolen>
2022-08-18T00:34:43Z INF Using Systemd
2022-08-18T00:34:43Z ERR error generating service template error="cloudflared service is already installed at /etc/systemd/system/cloudflared.service; if you are running a cloudflared tunnel, you can point it to multiple origins, avoiding the need to run more than one cloudflared service in the same machine; otherwise if you are really sure, you can do `cloudflared service uninstall` to clean up the existing service and then try again this command"
cloudflared service is already installed at /etc/systemd/system/cloudflared.service; if you are running a cloudflared tunnel, you can point it to multiple origins, avoiding the need to run more than one cloudflared service in the same machine; otherwise if you are really sure, you can do `cloudflared service uninstall` to clean up the existing service and then try again this command

I can add only one tunnel using this method, unfortunately. That’s why I’m trying to add a tunnel with CLI.

BTW, I’m on Pi4, arm64. It would be great if I can use the docker image, but it’s not compatible with my arch.

Oh, I guess you haven’t heard the good news! There is now an arm64 build of the cloudflared container Docker Hub

1 Like

Oh, no I can’t believe it! :smiley:
Let me try this one.
BTW, I really appreciate your time!

BTW, do you have a suggestion on what I should do to remove the full Cloudflared service from my system and use the docker image only?

Depends on your use case. If you are doing stuff like SSH via cloudflared then I would leave that tunnel on the host system. Otherwise, use the docker image because it is easier to upgrade.

1 Like

So you’d recommend creating one tunnel for SSH only on my host system and creating the others using the docker image?

That is my setup and works well for me.

1 Like

Oh, no :frowning:
I tried to pull the last image from the docker hub, but it didn’t work:

docker: no matching manifest for linux/arm/v7 in the manifest list entries.

Are you sure that you are using arm64 on your pi, then? This would indicate your architecture is arm/v7. There is a community docker image (maintained by @Erisa) that does support more architectures Docker Hub

1 Like

Actually, it says armv7l. So I should use the community docker image then?

I suppose that I installed the Pi 32bit OS image then :frowning:

Yeah, the community docker image is the only one that will work.

Depending on how far into configuring you are, you might want to consider re-installing the 64bit version. More applications are being build to support arm64 vs armv7.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.