Can't control DNSSEC

I am unable to control DNSSEC for my domain. I just transferred this domain to Cloudflare. My own troubleshooting would suggest that me failing to turn off DNSSEC on my old registrar can cause this problem. This is pretty much my issue. https://community.cloudflare.com/t/didnt-disable-dnssec-before-transfer-site-broken/

See ticket #2430518 for specific domain.
Please advise, thank you.

1 Like

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with DNSSEC for your domain name :confused:, but we are here to help :wink:

Unfortuantely, yes, happens from time to time :grimacing:

Thank you for sharing the ticket number. I’ve escalated it. Kindly and patiently wait for a reply and a solution.

Thank you, I appreciate it.

1 Like

Hi there @j92

I’ve raised your issue with our Registrar team for them to clear the DNSKEY records for you.
Once this is achieved you may enable DNSSEC on Cloudflare.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or issues, thank you!

Interesting, I didn’t know that turning off DNSSEC before transfer was required! I transferred my domain from googledomains to Cloudflare, which is now the new registrar. I can no longer access the domain at google and don’t remember if it had DNSSEC enabled. May I ask how you concluded that DNSSEC was enabled before at your domain?

I used https://dnsviz.net to check my domain and it’s clearly broken. The top graph shows DNSKEY with Algorithm 8 and at the bottom in red it shows DNSKEY with Algorithm 13, which I understand is what Cloudflare uses, so that graph now makes more sense thanks to your question, as it could be a clue that indeed DNSSEC was enabled before.

When I use dig on mydomain I get SERVFAIL and “no SEP matching the DS found for mydomain”. Also, on the Cloudflare DNS settings, I’ve clicked the “Enable DNSSEC” button and it still says “DNSSEC is pending while we automatically add the DS record on your domain.”. Several days have passed in this state. I don’t think I can open a ticket on a free plan, so would appreciate any solution. Thank you!

This was resolved yesterday. Thank you for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.