Can't add CNAME record for PicSee

Hi,

I try to add CNAME record, but I can’t. I try to follow instruction from PicSee.

the message shows"An A, AAAA or CNAME record already exists with that host. (Code: 81053)"
Or I should use “url” instead of “@”???

Your third entry, the .tw one is a match for @. That why you’re getting the error.

Are you trying to get PicSee to be your main site? Or as a subdomain?

I want to use “short url” for my website link. Pic see offers a function that I can use my own domain name. It need me to add CNAME record.

I want the short url shows my own domain name. I think main domain is okay. It doesn’t need to be subdomian.

You said .tw is a match of @,but I don’t understand.What could I do to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.

You can’t have an “A” record for the .tw domain and a CNAME for @. They’re the same thing. So get rid of that A record for the .tw domain entry.

1 Like

I delete A record for the .tw domain. and add @ CNAME record. but now I can’t see my website. It cant’ find IP address. I have to wait for it works?

It’s difficult to troubleshoot since you did not share your domain name. Can you at least post another picture of your DNS records?

OK please see below for reference

It looks like it’s a URL shortening service. Not website hosting. That CNAME probably needs to be set to :grey: for it to work they way they advertise. I’m surprised they suggest setting a CNAME for @, as that’s not RFC Compliant (not allowed for domains…only ok for subdomains).

Hi,

I set up CNAME using “url” instead of @ and also create “url” subdomain. Now it works: ) Thank you for your help and time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.