Can't add CNAME Code: 81053

Hello,

I’m trying to setup a CNAME autodiscovery record for my domain example.com. As you can see, I have two A records pointing to the same IP. I had the CNAME record added and it wasn’t propogating so I deleted it to try and re-add. When I do that I get code 81053 that an A, AAAA, or CNAME already exists with that name. Does it take 24 hours for changes to reflect or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Jeremiah

It’s ok for two “A” records to have the same name, but you can’t have an “A” and a “CNAME” with the same name. There’s so much blocked out it’s a little hard to tell, but that’s probably what’s going on.

1 Like

You can see the domain name at the top of the tab. It has three A records, two of which point to the same IP. One is the @ and one is the www for example.com. I am trying to create a CNAME record that targets autodiscover.outlook.com using the root. It gives me error code 81053 when I try to do this.

That’s the problem. That conflicts with the A record that has the IP address of your website.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.