Can't access my own site from my own device

I set Managed Challenge in firewall. As a result I can not access my own site from one of my mobile devices with my device IP 185.211.159.160 and it is not a VPN: I see the endless Cloudflare challenge on the screen. From another mobile device with with the different IP (different Internet provider) the same site is accessible. The another my site on the same server with the same IP is accessible from the both devices and the WAF (firewall) rules are the same. I suppose the Managed Challenge system is not working good at all since this is the constant problem for several sites on my server.

The managed challenge uses several different types of challenges based on the characteristics of a request, and it is not possible to tell why your own IP is being caught by the challenge, so I suggest that you create a custom firewall rule where you skip security on your own IP.

1 Like

Well, if my own IP has endless challenge and “it is not possible to tell why your own IP is being caught by the challenge” - than means that this is not working properly at all in case of managed challenge. I switched it off since it is harmful as it is.

The issue is not resolved.

I see the endless Cloudflare challenge on the screen.

If you are only getting stuck on manged challenge on one device, and no other users are reporting the same issue, it’s most likely to be an issue with that device.

Cookies and JavaScript support are required in browser settings to pass the challenge. So assuming that both of those are enabled, in some cases there might be a browser extension that is causing some issue. For testing purposes, we suggest you disable any browser extensions and try again to see if the challenge can be successfully passed.

The another my site on the same server with the same IP is accessible from the both devices and the WAF (firewall) rules are the same

If the rules are the same then this would mean that you should be getting challenged for this site as well (it looks like you are being challenged due to country location) but are presumably able to pass the challenge. Check the security events of this zone to see if you are in fact triggering a firewall rule.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.