Can't access Cloudflare protected websites

I’m not sure if this is the right place to look for help.
I’m trying to access two websites protected by Cloudflare without success over the last week.
These are the only sites I visit that use Cloudflare.
At first I thought it was some kind of error from Cloudflare or something but after accessing the same sites from work I can see now that the problem is me.
I can not access from any of my computers at home or the phone, and from none of the browsers I have installed (Chorme, Firefox and Edge), so I guess is related with my IP.
I get the message " Checking your browser before accessing…" and the Ray ID number keeps changing endlessly.
I really don’t know what happened and any help is welcome.
Thanks.

That behavior shouldn’t be dependent on the IP. At least the endless loop part.

But you’ve tried different devices and browsers. Normally, I’d say it’s due to a plugin (AdBlock sometimes causes this). On your phone device, can you turn off WiFi and see if it works over your cellular connection?

2 Likes

At first sight, I assume could it be due to Browser Integrity Check option on that Websites you are visiting.
May I ask are you the owner of the Website(s) or not?

Maybe, if you are visiting them using a TOR Web browser, so the given IP could potentially trigger some security options on that websites?

2 Likes

Thaks for the reply.
If it’s because a plugin shouldn’t work in other browsers?
The strange thing here is that it blocks my PC and the laptop too.
Sorry, I can only access the internet on my phone through WiFi.

Thanks for the reply.
I’m not the owner of the websites, but I visit them regularly for years, without any problems so far.
I’m not sure what a “TOR Web Browser” is.
I use Google Chrome mainly, and I’ve checked with Firefox and Edge, and couldn’t access it too.

Unfortunately, I am afraid you cannot do a lot. It is the owner’s will and security & protection measures for it’s websites.

May I also ask have you tried using a VPN service and visit these websites over a VPN connection?
Is the end result the same or are there any differences?

1 Like

The strange thing is that they are two completely different sites. What they have in common is that they are protected by Cloudflare, and suddenly I can’t access any of them anymore. These are the only sites I visit that are protected by Cloudflare, but I bet if there were more, the problem would continue. If you know any websites protected by Cloudflare, please let me know so I can check it out. I suspect there is something on my “system” (I’m not sure if I’m using the correct word) that is preventing access, but I can’t figure out what it is. As for the VPN service, no, I’m not using, mainly because I don’t know how to use it, but I’ll try to figure it out…

Hello again!
With the VPN service I was able to access one of the sites only.
The other one now displays an “Error 1020 Access denied”… :frowning:

Thanks for feedback.

Yes, as described from your previous posts, obviously the website owner has it’s security measures setup as needed.

Currently, I am afraid I cannot suggest any other option you could try and go with.

Regarding error 1020, if you get this error while visiting someone else’s website, I am afraid you cannot do anything. You can try to access it using a VPN as you already tried or over a TOR Web browser, but I do not guarantee success because it could also be blocked and restricted.

Obviously the website owner is using Cloudflare and security options available to him to protect his website.

The site can block for any number of reason, that’s up to them and not something this Community nor cloudflare can do anything about.

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029779472-Troubleshooting-Cloudflare-1XXX-errors#error1020

Thanks for the help. I’ll see if I can contact the websites to clear the restrictions. Otherwise I’ll just forget that second website.

Speaking as a website owner who blocks IP addresses my guess is that you have a device connected to your wifi that has been infected with some malware that makes you part of some botnet. If your computer and IP is being used to make brute force or DDoS attacks you are going to get blocked. You should make sure that your computer is clean and change your IP address. Possibly this can be done by simply rebooting your wifi router if your IP is dynamically assigned by your ISP.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.