Cannot use R2 with custom domain due to limitation placed on account

Hi.

My domain got limited due to video streaming served on the website.
So I want to move to R2. But unfortunately all videos from R2 that being accessed from custom domain are being served with an error:

This video has been restricted . Streaming video from Cloudflare’s basic service is a violation of the Terms of Service. Please visit cfl.re/tos to learn more.”

How do I fix this?

Please open a support ticket and post the ticket number here. I can escalate it for you.

Thank you. I have opened a ticket.

ID: 2586391

I have 2 issues in the ticket.

1 - is the same as this thread, which custom domain for R2 broke and redirect to error due to the limitation placed on my domain.

2 - Cloudflare redirect all url with mp4 extension to the error page without checking whether they are a HTML file, or even 404 HTTP error code. They assume all URLs with mp4 extension is a video file and I found that is quite absurd.

Hoping to find for some solutions from the team.

I have escalated your ticket.
I am confused by this part

To me, it seems the most efficient way of blocking any videos for a zone that is violating ToS is to block all .mp4 requests to it. No one should be severing HTML with a .mp4 and it doesn’t matte if there is a video or not at the origin.

1 Like

I am using an application that generate a URL redirection based on the file name.

For example: https://example.com/download/file-example.mp4
It then redirect to S3 URL where the file is hosted.

Even if we are using parameter, the URL still get redirected
Example:

So basically no matter what kind of URL is it, a long as it ends with .mp4, Cloudflare will redirect the page to an error.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.