Cannot send out email

I have recently purchased the basic email package on namecheap but cannot seem to send out mail via webmail even after adding the necessary MX TXT and SRV records on Cloudflare

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue trying to send e-mails with 3rd-party email service provider while using Cloudflare for your domain name.

May I ask if you are using Namecheap Private Email service, or rather their web hosting and trying to send-out e-mails using it?

And your domain name is using Cloudflare nameservers and is added to your Cloudflare account?

If yes, then your DNS records under the DNS tab of Cloudflare dashboard for your domain name should look like on the below screenshot:

Usually, the MX record should point to a hostname such as mail , and the A (or CNAME ) type record for that hostname should be set to :grey: (DNS Only).

From above screenshot, CNAME records are unproxied and set to :grey: (DNS-only) according to the below tutorial how to use e-mail:

In your e-mail client (MS Outlook, Gmail, AppleMail, Mozilla Thunderbird …) for incoming/outgoing server you should use mail.privateemail.com with SSL (and SPA checkbox).

Kindly, re-check if your DNS records are properly configured while you are using Cloudflare for your domain name.

I would also recommend looking into the below article due to further prevention of your e-mails being marked as a SPAM at the recipient’s side:

In addition to the SPF, DKIM and DMARC records, values for the SPF and the DKIM can be found from the Namecheap interface (I’ve seen this recently, while until 2022 we have had to ask Namecheap support to provide them to us manually), while for the DMARC it can be setup as needed (useful tools are mentioned in above article).

Nevertheless, using online tools on the links below you could test and troubleshoot more what is going on with your e-mails:

4 Likes

This is what it looks like

Kindly, see my above post and modify the CNAME records so they are unproxied and set to :grey: (DNS-only) by clicking on the blue link “Edit” next to them in the same row, therefore click on the :orange: cloud to switch it into the :grey:, after changes are made click on the blue button “Save” to apply them. Wait for a few minutes just in case and test again later to send/receive your e-mails :wink:

1 Like

will do thank you so much

1 Like

And I see your domain name hostnames (A domain.com / A www and AAAA domain.com / AAAA www) are pointing to the Cloudflare IPs.

This should also be corrected and pointed to the your web hosting provider IP address.

Or I am missing something out? :thinking:

1 Like

my bad i can send out email but I cannot receive email. so sorry. but I did switch it to DNS only

1 Like

Kindly, check your e-mail client if you are using mail.yourdomain.com hostname for POP3/IMAP/SMTP.

Otherwise, it might be a DNS cache at your ISP provider and you might have to flush the DNS cache, either wait a bit more time, or at least restart your router.

You should be able to send/receive e-mails via Privteemail Webmail interface.

its currently on IMAP

Also i am using the webmail interface

Okay, thank you for your feedback information.

Kindly, may I ask you to wait for another 15-20 minutes and try again.

ok ill wait abit but is everything here correct?

In terms of the e-mail, when checking, the thing is I cannot find MX record, neither autoconfig, autodiscover, nor mail for your domain while checking public DNS page:

I am not quite sure, but it might be due to the DNS propagation time.

On your DNS tab, e-mail related DNS records are okay now after you modified them as instructed.

so i guess i got to just wait?

1 Like

I hope, yes.

I will be checking this in the meantime and reply when I notice the change or instruct you what to do next.

May I ask did you recently added your domain name to your Cloudflare account?

Kindly, thank you for your patience in advance.

Thank you so much i am all new to this and just want to be able to receive emails. i really appreciate all your help

1 Like

ive just did all these updates to the Cloudflare records today, so yeah its very recent

1 Like

Right, this might be the one reason :slight_smile:

If you recently done this and changed your nameservers, usually the DNS propagation process takes up to 24 hours (or sometimes a bit longer) the proper way.

Just to be sure, about the nameservers, sometimes it’s a bit confusing, may I share my post below where to add them correctly in Namecheap interface section:

1 Like

oh ok i see, yeah ive only done all this a few hours ago so hopefully that’s the issue

1 Like

I don’t see any MX records if I query the Cloudflare nameservers. They seem to be missing in your Cloudflare DNS page.